Teacher and blogger interested in all things beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Uk

Thursday 2 April 2015

This Months Line Up | March Favourites


 Hi guys! This post is dedicated to my monthly favourites from March including some beauty, fashion and lifestyle bits I've been loving so I hope you enjoy!


Firstly I'm going to talk about my newest perfume obsession: YSL Black Opium. If any of you remember the original YSL Opium and it's very strong, distinctive scent, you may feel skeptical to try this perfume as I know that scent wasn't for everyone. This perfume is nothing like the original
Opium as it is much more understated and wearable for everyday but still has a long lasting scent. The top to base notes are black coffee, white florals  and vanilla which seem like an odd mix but really work together. I have been complimented by absolute strangers when I have been wearing this smell which shows how attention grabbing it is even though it is quite muted. I am in love with this fragrance and can't wait to repurchase it!






Next is a product I'm not going to dwell on too much as my previous post was dedicated to it and that is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. The packaging is slim and luxurious, the formula is fast drying yet not so much that you can't apply a few layers without it clumping and the wand has a plastic brush with short and long bristles to create length, add volume and coat even the tiniest lashes to create a lash doubling effect... all for £7.99. Wow.



 Coming into spring, I've been more inclined to wear a glossier, nude lip to compliment pastel shades and fresher makeup. So far, this Barry M lip gloss is by far my number one drug store lip product of the moment as this gloss is just everything. It's tinted but still sheer, long lasting and makes your lips look fuller without too much effort on your part. It also looks good on top of other lipsticks to give them a glossy finish as well as looking amazing on its own. It is a one stop shop for all around better looking lips and is great for those of us on a budget too! This one is in the shade Tofee (spelt that way on the Superdrug website) and is currently on sale for £3.49! You can't get much better than that really!  



My next favourite are these lashes from Eylure. They are new to the 'Exaggerate' range and I love them! For me, they are dupes of the Ardell Wispies as they are long and fluttery with a similar lash formation. They are easier for me to find in the UK as I usually have to buy my Wispies online which can drive the price up with delivery included. One downside is that these 141 lashes were a little long for my eyes so I did have to cut a bit off of them to make them look more natural and sit better on my eye. Other than that these are a fantastic pair of lashes that give equal amounts of volume and length to the lashes, perfect for a night out!



Next I have another dupe! This month I have been IN LOVE with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 15. The coverage is so good, it's light weight and is so soft on the skin that it doesn't feel like you are wearing makeup. I got this concealer in a lighter shade to my skin tone to use as a highlighter under the eyes and I do believe this to be a dupe of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Obviously they are not identical but not everyone has the budget to spend £22 on a concealer so this is a great alternative that rivals a lot of high end products in my opinion. If you are in the market for a new under eye brightener/highlighter/concealer this product is for you.



A fashion favourite for this month are these beautiful Ferni boots in black from Public Desire. These boots are so feminine and stylish I couldn't say no! They are made from synthetic leather and come up just above the ankle which is a really unusual cut in a boot which made me love them even more. I purchased them when the website was having a 15% off boots sale so I didn't pay the full £34.99, I paid £29.74 which made buying them all the more sweeter! I recently wore them out to dinner and to a party with friends so they are quite versatile in regards to wearing them to many different places. Jeans, trousers, a skirt, a dress; these bad boys will go with anything! And, get this, they are easy to walk in! I was very afraid of falling over in them when I saw how thin the heel was but the boot is so sturdy round the ankle area its almost impossible to lose your balance. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an ankle-ish high style boot with a heel!


Finally, a food favourite for the month of March is KALE CHIPS! These tasty snacks are so yummy and not bad for you like crisps and require little to no effort to make! If you would want me to write a post on how I make my kale chips let me know in the comments!

That's all my favourites for March, thank you for reading and share this post if you liked it! Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and send me your blog links too! xoxo

Links:
Black Opium Perfume http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/product/womens-perfumes/yves-saint-laurent/black%20opium/3373
Lash Sensational mascara http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Lash-Sensational-Lash-Multiplying-Mascara-9-5ml_1655586/
Barry M Lip Gloss http://www.superdrug.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Lip-Gloss-Wand-Tofee/p/582328#.VR2xYPnF-So
Eylure Exaggerate Lashes 141 http://www.boots.com/en/Eylure-Exaggerate-141-Lashes_1457852/
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer http://www.superdrug.com/Maybelline/Maybelline-Fit-Me-Concealer-Medium-25/p/498753#.VR2x7vnF-So
Ferni Black PU Boots http://www.publicdesire.co.uk/back-in-stock/ferni-black-pu-boots.html
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great picks Georgia! I need to try and the Maybelline mascara but I am such a mascara hoarder - it's terrible!
    That bottle is incredible for Black Opium!
    Estelle x - www.letmegoxo.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Estelle! Haha it's definitely worth a try, I got it a while back but was waiting to finish my other mascaras before trying it out properly but I'm glad I did! I know right, and it smells amazing too! x

      Delete

© Beauty and the Teach | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig